CTB for Shoulder, Upper Back and Upper Arm Pain: Learn to resolve a high percentage of shoulder pain cases using the state of the art techniques of Clinical Thai Bodywork (CTB), a revolutionary modality developed by your expert instructor, Chuck Duff. Clients often struggle for years with diagnoses such as frozen shoulder, torn rotator cuff and many others, and are offered no effective treatment options. Learn to transform lives by eliminating shoulder pain, often with dramatic results in a few sessions.
Getting to the heart of hip, thigh and knee pain requires understanding not only basic trigger point referral information, but how muscles collaborate in extensive networks of satellite referral and kinetic chain dysfunction. CTB for Hip, Thigh, Knee and Groin Pain will show you how to truly resolve these conditions by treating the 25 muscles that contribute pain in this area. You'll be shocked at how this information will transform your practice.
Clients presenting with forearm and hand pain, numbness, weakness, loss of coordination, tingling, limited ROM and other symptoms are often excellent candidates for Clinical Thai Bodywork. These symptoms are often caused by trigger points, and the therapist must learn to follow symptoms cascading from long upstream referral chains from muscles in the back and shoulder. Hand and forearm pain is one of the most difficult areas to understand, due to the large number and complex arrangement of the 32+ muscles in this area. CTB for Hand, Forearm and Elbow Pain teaches you how to analyze and treat these muscles in a consistent, understandable way.
The CTB Certification Program
Thai Bodywork offers a unique opportunity to become certified in one of the most powerful clinical bodywork modalities for relief of pain and dysfunction. Clinical Thai Bodywork certification (CTBP) builds on the foundation of our our Thai Bodywork Practitioner Certification.
Clinical Thai Bodywork was initially developed by Chuck Duff in 2005, and refined over the years into the robust program that it is today, covering 7 body areas. CTB integrates powerful Thai techniques with a deep understanding of Travell & Simons trigger point therapy, as well as aspects of osteopathy and asian medicine. CTB can often address even serious pain conditions that have failed other treatment approaches.
Clinical classes may be taken by anyone -- students are not required to complete the basic certification (or even have taken classes at our school) before attending CTB classes. We highly encourage students to begin taking the clinical body area classes early, while they are still completing their TBP coursework. We have found that when students take the CTB classes early, it informs all of their training and establishes competency more quickly.
TBP Certification is required prior to entering the CTBP certification track, but students can and should get started on the CTB coursework as early in their studies as possible. Students with extensive prior Thai bodywork training and experience may request to have their background reviewed to have the TBP requirement waived. Click on the button below to contact our admissions staff to discuss CTB courses and certification.
About Coaching The Body™ Certification
CTB certification consists of both coursework and practical, hands-on session work developing competency in each of 7 body areas corresponding to the CTB classes. The first step in working toward CTBP certification is to join the CTB Apprentice Program. The focus of clinical certification is to establish theoretical and hands-on competency in each pain area individually. Since this is a competency-based certification, students may complete the process more or less quickly depending on their ability to practice and pursue self-study.
- CTB Coursework: Attending the CTB course relevant to a given pain area is a prerequisite for the other steps. We highly recommend that students take these classes as they occur, since each of the body areas is only presented approximately every 8-10 months.
- CTB Online Courses: We are building a library of online courses comprising our CTB body area classes, protocols, anatomy information, treatments for specific complaints and much more on our Thai Bodywork Academy online learning portal. We strongly encourage students interested in pursuing their CTB education to register for the online courses, as they provide an invaluable body of knowledge that has a profound impact on the students' ability to absorb the information. Online courses may not be substituted for in-person classes for the purpose of certification credit, but are hugely beneficial. Students who attend an in-person CTB body area class receive a 50% discount on the associated online body area and protocol classes.
- Clinical Apprentice Program: Our Clinical Apprentice Program is for students who are pursuing CTBP certification, have taken at least 4 of the 7 body area classes and are available to participate in CTB Apprentice sessions. There are two types of CTB Apprentice Sessions:
- CTB Apprentice Level 1 Sessions: Clinical apprentices work in the Thai Bodywork Clinic (or sometimes remotely) performing pain-specific sessions on the general public. Clients must complete feedback forms and apprentices are paid professional level commissions on the sessions they perform. Instructors periodically review client feedback and go over the sessions with the apprentice.
- CTB Apprentice Level 2 Sessions: These are training sessions in which up to 2 apprentices work with an instructor who is doing an actual clinical session with a client. Depending on apprentice competency in each given pain area, the apprentices may work directly on the client for part of the session under supervision by the instructor. Apprentices pay $20 per attendance at these training sessions. These sessions are highly educational and allow the apprentice to see and participate in the actual process of client interviews, designing and delivering a professional CTB treatment.
- Small Group Clinical Mentoring Sessions: Working directly with CTB instructors in private/small group settings to reinforce specific muscle knowledge and treatment approaches for each pain area. These sessions have strictly limited enrollment to allow maximum time for individual practice, questions, and feedback. Instructors charge an hourly rate which can be split between the attending students. Clients may be invited by students or instructors for specific sessions.
- Body Area Certification and Testing: Students will be given a checklist of muscles for the pain area and can have each area of muscle knowledge approved by the instructor as a step toward specific certification for the pain area. Testable muscle knowledge includes muscle anatomy, function, trigger point referral patterns, likely tender spot locations, assessment, preferred treatment techniques, and more.
Visit our tuition page for financial information on paying for coursework.