Thai Massage Sessions for Pain and Stress Relief
The Thai Bodywork Clinic offers a variety of session types, ranging from traditional Thai massage sessions with certifying students to therapeutically focused Clinical Thai Bodywork treatments with apprentice and professional practitioners. Our approach to the treatment of pain is unique and extremely effective, synthesizing the traditional techniques from Thai massage with an in-depth knowledge of western clinical approaches, trigger point therapy, anatomy and asian medicine. We offer the only training program in the world combining a full trigger point therapy education with Thai bodywork certification. Our clinical practitioners have all been trained within this program.
Trigger Point Therapy and Clinical Thai Bodywork
Trigger point therapy emerged from western medicine, and is documented in the 2-volume textbook, Myofascial Pain and Dysfunction: The Trigger Point Manual by Janet Travell, MD & David Simons, MD. Travell & Simons cite studies estimating that over 80% of pain presenting in clinics may be due to muscular causes. Thai Bodywork founder Chuck Duff originated the Clinical Thai Bodywork approach, combining Thai massage and trigger point therapy. We have successfully addressed a huge array of complaints and diagnoses - a partial list includes frozen shoulder, carpal tunnel syndrome, migraines, back pain, knee pain, plantar fasciitis, thoracic outlet syndrome, rotator cuff issues, and many more. We take a conservative approach, and if we feel that a physician referral is warranted we will do so.
Treatment Types Available at the Thai Bodywork Clinic
- Student Bodywork Sessions ($70): 90-minute sessions with students who are completing our basic Thai bodywork certification program (TBP). These sessions offer quality Thai massage with students who are have at least 100 hours of training, and are sometimes experienced bodyworkers in other modalities. Student sessions are not intended to target specific pain conditions.
- Clinical Apprentice Bodywork Sessions ($120): 90-minute sessions with clinical apprentices, who have completed basic certification and are pursuing Clinical Thai Bodywork certification (CTBP). These are Clinical Thai Bodywork sessions that are intended to address specific pain conditions with practitioners who have been studying for several years. The apprentices may have varying degrees of skill and experience in a particular pain area.
- Clinical Apprentice Level 2 Sessions ($200): 90 minute sessions with Thai Bodywork Chief Instructor Chuck Duff and up to two clinical apprentices. These sessions address specific pain conditions with a master practitioner, who will also be using the session as a training opportunity for the apprentices. Clinical apprentices may perform some of the bodywork depending upon their skill in a particular area. You cannot book CTB2 sessions online - please email Chuck directly at firstname.lastname@example.org to make an appointment, and please specify what specific issues you are looking to address.
- Professional CTB Sessions ($150): 90 minute sessions with professional level clinical therapists who are CTBP certified or in the final stages of certification. These sessions are oriented toward addressing specific clinical issues. You can book professional CTB sessions online by using the scheduler below. Please complete the intake in advance of your session, as this will make your visit more productive. You cannot book Professional sessions online - please email Rachael at email@example.com to make an appointment, and please specify what specific issues you are looking to address.
- We have a 24-hour nonrefundable cancellation policy for all sessions booked at the clinic. Please let us know at least 24 hours in advance if you need to cancel or change your session.