About the BioMat
The BioMat is a high-quality infrared heating mat used in healing and pain relief practices all over the world. The BioMat offers relief from muscle pain, joint pain and stiffness, muscle spasms, minor sprains and strains, and muscular back pain. We selected this product because of its build quality, attention to detail and its undeniable effectiveness based on our personal experiences.
Visit our online BioMat Store at http://infrared.biomatnetwork.com/.
Thai Bodywork uses the BioMat in our clinic and we have found it to significantly enhance therapeutic bodywork, release of trigger points and self-care. The BioMat generates far infrared, which can penetrate several inches into the body and creates heating and enhanced micro circulation from within.
This is very different than a heating pad, which generates harmful EMFs and heats the body from the outside, does not penetrate deeply into tissues and can cause burns and irritation.
The market is flooded with cheap knock-off products made in China that are designed to intentionally be similar in appearance. These products do not have EMF suppression and are likely to produce harmful levels of EMFs – so beware.
In a mat-based practice, it isn’t uncommon for the therapist to get overly warm as they work while the client is cold because they are at ground level and not active. There is a limit to how much you can increase the room temperature due to the activity of the therapist. The BioMat provides an excellent and very therapeutic warming to the client’s tissues from the floor as you work. In supine, the BioMat’s healing infrared is softening and warming the back lines, so that when you visit these muscles later in the session they will already have received a significant amount of therapy.
Thai Bodywork is an Approved BioMat Distributor with Richway Fuji Bio, Inc. who manufactures the BioMat products. We can provide discounts to health professionals and veterans. To view product details and order a BioMat, please visit our online store at http://infrared.biomatnetwork.com/.
If you have questions about the BioMat, please contact Krista at firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 218-327-1334.
BioMat Sizes, Accessories and Price List
Professional (massage table size) 75×28″ – $1695 ($100 discount for health professionals, first responders and veterans available)
Mini size 33×20″ – $670
Single size 78×40″ – $2,600
Queen size 78×55″ – $3,500
King size 78 X 73″ – $4,000
Your BioMat Purchase Comes With These Additional Items:
Fitted Cotton Cover (machine washable)
7000MX Control Box
Documentation and RI#
3 Year Warranty
30 year repair policy
+ Healing Arts Garden Information Packet
+ Risk-Free Trial Period
+ 6 Month Trade-Up Policy
There is a significant amount of research available showing the benefits of far infrared radiation (FIR) for the body. Substantial benefits have been reported for fibromyalgia, stress, anxiety, chronic fatigue syndrome, chronic pain, inflammation, depression, insomnia, and many more conditions.
Infrared light is similar to normal light, but its wavelength is too long for our eyes to detect. Far infrared light has an even longer wavelength and transfers heat very efficiently. It is why sunlight feels warm. It can penetrate 6-8 inches into the body, and because of this, these rays not only benefit the surface, but all cells including blood vessels, lymph glands and nerves in the deepest parts of our body. This deeply penetrating heat speeds cellular metabolism, reduces pain and quickly heals injuries. In comparison, heat transferred merely by conduction (contact) or convection (airflow) does not heat an object deeply or evenly throughout. Amethyst was found to be ideal for the purpose of converting conductive heat into far infrared light.
For thousands of years and across many cultures, amethyst has been thought to calm and clear the mind. We have no direct mechanism to explain this effect. Nevertheless, most people report an improved mood and less anxiety after a BioMat treatment. Amethyst also has a low specific heat and so it cannot store heat very well. It must shed excess heat in the form of infrared light. Other infrared devices use carbon or ceramic “lamps,” which are less efficient, producing light with shorter wavelengths and lower intensity.
Benefits of Far Infrared for Trigger Point Therapy
Clinical Thai Bodywork uses many techniques to treat trigger points (TrPs). Trigger points are essentially a failure of local cellular metabolism to provide the proper exchange of nutrients to the muscle sarcomeres in the area of the motor endplate zone. Due to temporary or acute overload, local edema develops and the cell can no longer rid itself of toxic, nociceptive compounds or receive enough ATP to unlock sarcomeres that have become stuck short.
Far infrared light has the capacity to dilate capillaries, change the shape of water molecules and increase their hydration capacity. This greatly enhances the body’s ability to clear toxins, and is exactly what is needed in muscle regions that host trigger points. The energy boost provided by FIR allows the body to clear many trigger points on its own, making our job in therapy or self-care much easier.
Heat Is Beneficial, Cold Is Not
Asian medicine has long known that ice and cold therapy delay healing, and these modalities are rarely used. There is still widespread misconception in the West regarding the supposed benefits of cold therapy, and Dr. Mirkin, the MD who originally proposed the RICE protocol, has now reversed his position based on current research. Icing tissues with trigger points actually further embeds the trigger points by increasing cellular stagnation.
Fever is the body’s natural healing response, because pathogens cannot survive in higher body temperatures. Conversely, lowered body temperatures are associated with the development of disease.
Effects of Light Therapy
1. Increase circulation by increasing the formation of new capillaries, which are additional blood vessels that replace damaged ones. New capillaries speed up the healing process by carrying more oxygen as well as more nutrients needed for healing and they can also carry more waste products away.
2. Stimulate the production of collagen. Collagen is the most common protein found in the body. Collagen is the essential protein used to repair damaged tissue and to replace old tissue. It is the substance that holds cells together and has a high degree of elasticity. By increasing collagen production less scar tissue is formed at the damaged site.
3. Increase RNA and DNA synthesis. This helps damaged cells to be replaced more promptly.
4. Stimulate fibroblastic activity which aids in the repair process. Fibroblasts are present in connective tissue and are capable of forming collagen fibers.
5. Stimulate tissue granulation and connective tissue projections, which are part of the healing process of wounds, ulcers or inflamed tissue.
6. Stimulate the release of adenosine triphosphate (ATP). ATP is the major carrier of energy to all cells. Increases in ATP allow cells to accept nutrients faster and get rid of waste products faster by increasing the energy level in the cell. All food turns into ATP before it is utilized by the cells. ATP provides the chemical energy that drives the chemical reaction of the cell.
7. Increase lymphatic system activity. Edema, which is the swelling or natural splinting process of the body, has two basic components. The first is a liquid part which can be evacuated by the blood system and the second is comprised of the proteins which have to be evacuated by the lymphatic system. Research has shown that the lymph vessel diameter and the flow of the lymph system can be doubled with the use of light therapy. The venous diameter and the arterial diameters can also be increased. This means that both parts of edema (liquid and protein) can be evacuated at a much faster rate to relieve swelling.
8. Relieve pain. The photons of light energy enter the body as negative ions. This calls upon the body to send positive ions like calcium among others to go to the area being treated. These ions assist in firing the nerves thereby relieving pain. Light therapy is successfully used in pain therapy, dermatology and rheumatology with excellent therapeutic effects in the treatment of periarthritis and tendonitis.
9. Stimulate acetylcholine release and other parasympathetic effects.
10. Increase phagocytosis, which is the process of scavenging for and ingesting dead or degenerated cells by phagocyte cells for the purpose of clean up. This is an important part of the infection fighting process. Destruction of the infection and clean up must occur before the healing process can take place.
11. Induce a thermal like effect in the tissue. The light raises the temperature of the tissue treated which can kill or disable temperature sensitive bacteria and viruses.
Science and medicine have come together to develop this revolutionary device for home and professional use. FIR was discovered by NASA to be the safest, most beneficial wave of light. It is an electronic wave which, because of its length, can penetrate into our bodies 6-8 inches and generate frictional heat which, in turn, stimulates our cells to move. This cellular movement stimulates healing and regeneration of body functions such as circulation, detoxification, and immune function. It is important to keep the internal body temperature at an optimal level (98.6º) for maximum function. It has been discovered that the average body temperature has dropped to about 97º. It is the reduction of body temperature that creates disease.
Using science developed by NASA and a computer designed by Texas Instruments, the BioMat is truly the result of the combined expertise of highly recognized scientists. In 2010, The Royal Swedish Academy of Science, which has appointed Nobel Prize nominations, awarded the BioMat a grand prize in the medical device field. It also registered as a medical device with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. The United Nations gave the BioMat an award for its contribution to health care enhancement around the world. Even Pope Benedict XVI acknowledged the BioMat for its contribution in saving numerous HIV-infected children in Africa, and for treating many hard-to-cure diseases around the world.
- The BioMat uses Japanese Kurare Carbon ceramic (Patent 1386560), and has electrical consumption of 60% less as compared to other electric mattresses.
- The BioMat has a special function that emits Negative Ions and transforms +Ions to -Ions in the human body resulting in increased strength and energy along with the relief of pain.
- The Kurare’s Super Fiber Materials generate far infrared rays (8-12 micron) which are more readily absorbed by the body.
- Special layer of double Fiberglass completely cuts off harmful Water Vein Waves.
- The Bio-Mat has an advanced IC Chip and a soft touch control system.
- The BioMat has 17 layers
- The BioMat Professional is registered an FDA Class II Medical Device
As a US FDA 510k Class II Approved medical device for pain management and muscle relaxation, the purchase of your BioMat Professional may be covered by your insurance company or health benefits provider. Currently, the main types of insurance claims being paid are Personal Injury Protection, Workers’ Compensation, and Flexible Medical.
Your BioMat Professional comes with a 3 Year Limited Warranty / Lifetime Trade-In Option. Make a commitment to your long-term health and enjoy the benefits of far infrared and negative ion treatments on a daily basis. To order or inquire about these products, please contact Krista at email@example.com or phone 218-327-1334.
Vatansever F, Hamblin MR. Far infrared radiation (FIR): its biological effects and medical applications. Photonics & lasers in medicine. 2012;4:255-266. doi:10.1515/plm-2012-0034. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3699878/
Gale GD, Rothbart PJ, Li Y. Infrared therapy for chronic low back pain: A randomized, controlled trial. Pain Research & Management : The Journal of the Canadian Pain Society. 2006;11(3):193-196. http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2539004/
Dong Huang, Yong-Hong Gu, Qin Liao, Xue-Bin Yan, Shai-Hong Zhu, and Chang-Qing Gao, “Effects of Linear-Polarized Near-Infrared Light Irradiation on Chronic Pain,” The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, Article ID 567496, 4 pages, 2012. doi:10.1100/2012/567496 http://www.hindawi.com/journals/tswj/2012/567496/
Fredrikus G. J. Oosterveld, Johannes J. Rasker, Mark Floors, Robert Landkroon, Bob van Rennes, Jan Zwijnenberg, Mart A. F. J. van de Laar, Gerard J. Koel. Infrared sauna in patients with rheumatoid arthritis and ankylosing spondylitis. Clinical Rheumatology. 2009 January 01. vol. 28 issue 1, pages 29-34 doi10.1007/s10067-008-0977-y.
Kihara, T., et al., 2002, Repeated sauna treatment improves vascular endothelial and cardiac function in patients with chronic heart failure, J Am Coll of Cardiology, 39(March 6):754-759.